2 July 2015
ENSCI – Les Ateliers
- Founded in 1982
- Total number of students in 2013: 273
- Students who graduated from our initial training courses (Master’s level) in 2010 began their careers in France or abroad in integrated business services (30%), in existing agencies (30%), as freelancers or by creating their own agencies (40%), (data for 2010, at a time of economic market contraction)
ENSCI-Les Ateliers, as part of its initial training activities, offers Master’s degree courses in:
- Industrial design
- Textile design
Postgraduates may also take two specialized Master’s courses accredited by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles:
- Creation and contemporary technology
- Innovation by design
Double degrees: double degree courses in engineering, management, and / or social sciences are organized with higher education institutions or universities.
- Innovation: under a general partnership agreement with the CEA (Department of Technological Research), ENSCI-Les Ateliers now offers a residency in Grenoble at the MINATEC (innovation campus for micro and nanotechnologies). A residency with DIGITEO at CEA Saclay is also planned.
- Double degree: ENCI-Les Ateliers also partners a double degree course in “science and design” and research promotion with the Paris 6 Pierre & Marie Curie University
- Research: in 2011, ENSCI-Les Ateliers created the ENSCI- Paris DESIS Lab®. This laboratory – the first of its kind in France – draws on the DESIS network (Design for Social Innovation and Sustainability) and works with DESIS Parsons / NYC, Politecnico / Milan, Mad Faculty / Genk, Central Saint Martin / London, Malmö University / Malmö and Aalto University / Helsinki. The Paris Design Lab research laboratory at ENSCI-Les Ateliers has two aims: to bring design as developed at Les Ateliers and its original contributions to the “Science of Design” into the academic field and into international scientific debates; to develop interfaces with other disciplines that contribute knowledge required by current practice in design. Bringing design into the orbit of research helps to strengthen the profession and its credibility and to upgrade the skills of graduates in design
- Business sector: ENSCI-Les Ateliers maintains close links with business and industry through a wide range of programmes such as study and research partnerships, workshops, internships with companies and agencies in France and abroad, visits to companies and industrial sites, professional meetings and conferences. A club of partner companies was created in 2012.
- International relations: a cross-cutting department of international relations geared to educational programmes keeps ENSCI’s international relations on a dynamic footing. This department initiates collaborative work between professionals, students and teachers of industrial design and promotes links with other fields of specialization. It also coordinates language teaching and lectures by experts from other countries. Agreements with the National University of Singapore and Japan’s Chiba University have established new strategic partnerships in Asia. In Europe, ENSCI-Les Ateliers is one of the seven founding institutions of the MEDes diploma (Master of European Design).
2 July 2015
The Arts et Métiers ParisTech is a graduate school of engineering. It has trained more than 85,000 engineers since its foundation in 1780 by the Duke of La Rochefoucauld Liancourt. Arts et Métiers ParisTech is a founding member of ParisTech and heSam université.
2 July 2015
The National Institute for Demographic Studies (INED) is a public scientific and technological establishment conducting research on demographic issues spanning fertility, family, aging, health, mortality, migration, gender, history and economics. As a multidisciplinary research establishment, it is also responsible for disseminating information on demography in France and abroad and for "training for research and by research.
2 July 2015
In the field of higher education in France and Europe, the CNAM is the leading provider of vocational training and education for adults. Its main fields of activity are advanced and life-long vocational training, technological research and innovation and the dissemination of scientific and technical culture.