5 February 2014
Jean-Luc DELPEUCH is President of heSam Université.
The Executive Committee
The members of the Executive Committee are the President of heSam all the heads of its member and associate member institutions. The Executive Committee assists the President in the implementation of heSam policy.
The Board of Directors
The Board meets at least three times a year to discuss and make decisions on all matters. Its members are elected for three years.
– The ten current heads of the founding member institutions
– Ten qualified individuals
– The five current directors of the associate member institutions, as referred to in article 2 of the above mentioned Articles of Association
– Four representatives of the lecturers, teachers and researchers working for or on behalf of a member or associate member institution
– Three representatives of other personnel working for or on behalf of a founding or associate member institution
Three PhD student representatives enrolled in one of the founding or associate member institutions and hosted by a research unit involving at least one of the founding or associate member institutions
The Rector of the Academy of Paris and Chancellor of the Paris Universities attends or is represented at Board meetings.
The National Centre of Scientific Research (CNRS) is invited to all Board meetings in an advisory capacity to provide its opinions and help to inform the Board’s decisions.
The Executive Director attends the Board meetings in an advisory capacity.
The Academic Committee
The Academic Committee provides the Board with considerations for the medium and long term to support policy building for higher education training and research within the group of member institutions. It provides its opinion on the heSam annual report. It is chaired by Luc Weber, economist and former Rector of the University of Geneva.
The members of the Academic Committee are:
– One member appointed by each founding or associate institution (excluding the directors of these institutions).
– Teachers and researchers -French and foreign- from founding and associate members in equal numbers, and chosen by the Board on the basis of proposals from the scientific councils or equivalent bodies of each founding or associate member institution. Four people (two French, two foreign) may be accepted from each institution. Foreign researchers or teachers make up at least half of this number.
The Executive Director
The Executive Director of heSam Université is Hugues BRUNET, who is in charge of the institution’s administrative and financial management.
16 December 2015
4 November 2015